Is your career on automatic pilot? When was the last time you took a look around to see if the direction in which you are heading is really what you want? It's important to take time out to reflect on your current situation to ensure that you're still on the right path and that the current path is the best one for you.
This course identifies tips for successfully advancing your career, making lateral moves within an organization, and ways of successfully moving on to a different employer. This course also focuses on the benefits of having a promotion plan and the creation and implementation of an effective promotion plan. How to ask for assignments that will move your career forward is also covered. Because even when you're on the right track, keeping your career moving forward takes work. Materials designed to support blended learning activities aligned with this course are available from the Resources Page.Learning Objectives
- Recognize strategies for successful in-house job changes
- Sequence the steps for creating and implementing a promotion plan
- Recognize the benefits of having a promotion plan
- Identify examples of strategies you can use to successfully ask for assignments that will advance your career
- Recognize ways to successfully move on to a different employer to keep your career on track