It is unfortunate that HR professionals actually have to manage abuse of employee leave — but it is a reality, as more and more employees are grappling with work/life balance issues and are looking for ways to improve their personal situations.
In many instances, they seek to utilize the FMLA as a means to an end: to get the breathing room needed to avoid disciplinary action for poor attendance and tardiness.
But what can HR do? Well, a lot.
Even though the FMLA regulations are complex, confusing, and present loopholes that are easy to exploit, companies should not be reluctant to deny leave or terminate troublesome employees for fear of being sued.
Our "How To Identify & Investigate FMLA Abuse" audio coference will help you identify exactly what you can do – and how to take decisive action in even the most delicate situations.
- Learn strategies for identifying abuse, how to effectively document FMLA to confront abusers, and how to take effective steps managing FMLA abuse investigations
- Understand the employer obligations under the recently amended Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Understand the most common abuses of FMLA and why it’s happening
- Learn the recent changes to the FMLA that make it easier for employers to curb abuse
- Learn the types of company policies you must have in place to effectively manage FMLA leave—and abusers of leave
- Learn how to leverage your internal resources to prevent FMLA abuse
- Learn how to identify abuse and the individuals you need to involve in an internal investigation
- Learn the basic steps in how to conduct an effective investigation and how to acquire physical, documentary, and testimonial evidence
- Learn the risks in just getting testimonial evidence to support a FMLA abuse case
- Learn how to evaluate investigative findings and prepare a report that is court-ready