This course provides students with product knowledge and skills needed to implement a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2005 product features and tools related to implementing a database.
Creating Databases and Database Files
- Creating Databases.
- Creating Filegroups.
- Creating Schemas.
- Creating Database Snapshots.
Creating Data Types and Tables
- Creating Data Types.
- Creating Tables.
- Creating Partitioned Tables.
- Retrieving XML by Using FOR XML
- Shredding XML by Using OPENXML
- Introducing XQuery
- Using the xml Data Type
Creating and Tuning Indexes
- Planning Indexes.
- Creating Indexes.
- Optimizing Indexes.
- Creating XML Indexes.
Implementing Data Integrity by Using Constraints
- Data Integrity Overview
- Implementing Constraints
Implementing Data Integrity by Using Triggers and XML Schemas
- Implementing Triggers
- Implementing XML Schemas
- Introduction to Views
- Creating and Managing Views
- Optimizing Performance by Using Views
Implementing Stored Procedures
- Implementing Stored Procedures
- Creating Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Working With Execution Plans
- Handling Errors
- Creating and Using Functions
- Working with Functions
- Controlling Execution Context
Implementing Managed Code in the Database
- Introduction to the SQL Server Common Language Runtime
- Importing and Configuring Assemblies
- Creating Managed Database Objects
Managing Transactions and Locks
- Overview of Transactions and Locks
- Managing Transactions
- Understanding SQL Server Locking Architecture
- Managing Locks
Using Service Broker
- Service Broker Overview
- Creating Service Broker Objects
- Sending and Receiving Messages
Using Notification Services (Optional)
- Introduction to Notification Services
- Developing Notification Services Solutions
Virtual 2779 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.