This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to work with Network
Infrastructure and Active Directory technologies in Windows Server 2008.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install and
configure Windows Server 2008.
- Manage servers with Windows Server 2008.
- Configure networking and network services.
- Install and configure
Network Policy Services and remote access services.
- Configure and manage
Active Directory Domain Services.
- Manage Group Policies in Active
Directory Domain Services.
- Configure Active Directory Certificate
- Configure Active Directory identity and access solutions.
Install and configure Remote Desktop Services.
- Manage Remote Desktop
- Install and configure web servers and applications with Internet
- Configure storage technologies in Windows Server 2008
- Configure high availability in Windows Server 2008.
virtualization in Windows Server 2008.
Lesson 1: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2008
- Overview of Windows Server
- Installing Windows Server 2008
- Managing Server Roles and Features
- Configuring and Managing Windows Server 2008 Server Core
- Choosing a Deployment Strategy
- Deploying Windows Server 2008
- Lab : Installing Windows Server and Configuring Post-Installation Settings
- Lab : Deploying Windows Server 2008
Lesson 2: Server Management in Windows Server 2008
- Managing Windows Server with Server Manager
- Managing Server Updates by using WSUS
- Managing Backup and Restore by Using Windows Server Backup
- Managing Event Logs and Auditing
- Performance and Resource Management Lab : Managing Windows Server 2008
Lesson 3: Configuring Networking and Network Services
- Configuring IPv6 Addressing
- Migrating from IPv4 to IPv6
- DHCP and DNS Enhancements in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring and Managing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configuring Routing and Networking with Windows Server 2008
- Lab : Configuring Networking and Network Services
Lesson 4: Configuring Network Policy Server and Remote Access services
- Overview of Network Policy Server
- Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring Remote Access
- Managing DirectAccess in Windows Server 2008 R2
- Implementing Network Access Protection
- Configuring VPN Enforcement by Using NAP
- Lab : Configuring Network Policy Server and Remote Access Services
- Lab : Configuring NAP with VPN Enforcement
Lesson 5: Configuring and Managing Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Enhancements in Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2
- Installing and Configuring Domain Controllers
- Configuring Read-Only Domain Controllers
- Configuring Fine-Grained Password Policies
- Managing Active Directory Objects with Windows PowerShell
- Active Directory Database Management
- Lab : Configuring Active Directory Domain Services
- Lab : Managing AD DS Objects and Database
Lesson 6: Managing Group Policy in Active Directory Domain Services
- Group Policy Enhancements in Windows server 2008
- Managing Security with Group Policy
- Managing Clients With Group Policy Preferences
- Lab : Managing Group Policies
- Lab : Managing Client Security with Group Policy
- Lab : Managing Clients with Group Policy Preferences
Lesson 7: Configuring Active Directory Certificate Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services Overview
- Deploying Active Directory Certificate Services
- Managing Certificate Templates
- Managing Certificate Enrollment
- Managing Certificate Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
- Lab : Configuring and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
Lesson 8: Configuring Active Directory Identity and Access Solutions
- Installing and Configuring AD LDS
- Installing and Configuring AD FS
- Overview of AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS
- Lab : Configuring AD LDS
- Lab : Configuring AD RMS
Lesson 9: Installing and Configuring Remote Desktop Services
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Implementing RemoteApp Infrastructure
- Implementing Remote Desktop Gateway
- Lab : Implementing Remote Desktop Services
Lesson 10: Managing Remote Desktop Services
- Managing RD Session Host and Connection Broker
- Configuring and Managing Remote Desktop Licensing
- Managing Remote Desktop Client Connections
- Lab : Managing Remote Desktop Services
Lesson 11: Installing and Configuring Web Servers and Applications with Internet Information Services
- Managing the Web Server Role
- Configuring web Applications and Sites
- Configuring a File Transfer Protocol Server and Simple Mail Transfer Protocol Server
- Configuring Secure Websites and Servers
- Lab : Installing and Configuring IIS and Creating a Website in IIS
- Lab : Implementing FTP and SMTP Services in IIS
- Lab : Implementing Security on Websites
Lesson 12: Configuring Storage Technologies in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Distributed File System
- Managing Storage with File System Resource Management
- Implementing Classification Management and File Management Tasks
- Configuring Storage in Windows Server 2008
- Lab : Configuring Storage Technologies in Windows Server 2008
Lesson 13: Configuring High Availability in Windows Server 2008
- Configuring Network Load Balancing
- Overview of Windows Server 2008 Failover Clusters
- Preparing for Failover Clustering
- Creating and Configuring Failover Clusters
- Lab : Configuring High Availability in Windows server 2008
Lesson 14: Configuring Virtualization in Windows Server 2008
- Hyper-V Overview
- Installing and Configuring Hyper-V and Virtual Machines
- Overview of Virtualization Management
- High Availability in a Hyper-V Environment
- Implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Lab : Configuring Hyper-V and Virtual Machines
This course is intended for IT Professionals experienced on the technologies
included in Windows Server 2003, and who hold an MCSE or MCSA certification
and/or equivalent knowledge and wish to update to 2008.
Virtual 6416 Updating Your Windows Server 2003 Technology Skills to Windows Server 2008 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.