This course provides the knowledge and skills that IT Professionals need to
configure identity and access solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe identity
and access solutions.
- Configure Active Directory Certificate Services.
- Deploy and manage certificates.
- Configure Active Directory
Lightweight Directory Services.
- Configure Active Directory Federation
- Configure Active Directory Rights Management Services.
Maintain access management solutions.
- Troubleshoot identity and access
Lesson 1: Exploring Identity and Access Solutions
- The Business Case for Identity and Access Control
- Active Directory Server Roles in IDA Management
- Overview of Identity Lifecycle Manager 2007
- Lab : Exploring IDA Solutions
Lesson 2: Deploying and Managing Active Directory Certificate Services
- Overview of PKI
- Deploying a CA Hierarchy
- Installing AD CS
- Managing CAs
- Lab : Installing and Configuring AD CS
Lesson 3: Deploying and Managing Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Templates
- Deploying Certificates by Using AD CS
- Deploying Certificates by Using Autoenrollment
- Revoking Certificates
- Configuring Certificate Recovery
- Lab : Deploying and Managing Certificates
Lesson 4: Configuring Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Installing and Configuring AD LDS
- Configuring AD LDS Instances
- Configuring AD LDS Replication
- Configuring AD LDS Integration with AD DS
- Lab : Configuring AD LDS
Lesson 5: Configuring Active Directory Federation Services
- Overview of AD FS
- AD FS Deployment Scenarios
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS Claims
- Lab : Configuring AD FS by Using the Federated Web SSO with Forest Trust Scenario
- Lab : Configuring AD FS by Using the Federated Web SSO Scenario
Lesson 6: Configuring Active Directory Rights Management Services
- Overview of AD RMS
- Installing and Configuring AD RMS Server Components
- Administering AD RMS
- Implementing AD RMS Trust Policies
- Lab : Configuring AD RMS
Lesson 7: Maintenance of Access Management Solutions
- Supporting AD CS
- Maintaining AD LDS
- Maintaining AD FS
- Maintaining AD RMS
- Lab : Maintaining Access Management Solutions
Lesson 8: Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions
- Troubleshooting AD CS
- Troubleshooting AD LDS
- Resolving AD FS Issues
- Solving AD RMS Issues
- Lab : Troubleshooting IDA Solutions
The audience for this course is IT Professionals interested in IDA solutions in
their enterprise environment. Most students will be IT professionals who are
responsible for integrating applications and platforms with enterprise directory
and security services while increasing access to a growing number of customers
Virtual 6426 Configuring Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server® 2008 Active Directory® Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.