In this course, student will extend their knowledge into some of the more specialized and advanced capabilities.
Access 2003: Level 2 is designed for the student who wishes to learn intermediate and advanced operations of the Microsoft Access Database program. The Level 3 course is for the individual whose job responsibilities include working with heavily related tables; creating advanced queries, forms, and reports; writing macros to automate common tasks; and performing general database maintenance. It is also designed as one in a series of courses for students pursuing the Microsoft MOS Certification for Access 2003, and it is a prerequisite to taking more advanced courses in Access 2003.
Structuring Existing Data
- Import Data
- Analyze Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Writing Advanced Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicates Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using the Criteria Field
- Summarize Data with a Crosstab Query
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
- Display a Graphical Summary on a Form
Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro to a Command Button
- Restrict Records Using a Where Condition
Adding Interaction and Automation with Macros
- Require Data Entry with a Macro
- Display a Message Box with a Macro
- Automate Data Entry
Making Forms more Effective
- Change the Display of Data Conditionally
- Display a Calendar on a Form
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
Making Reports More Effective
- Cancel Printing of a Blank Report
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Arrange Data in Columns
- Create a Report Snapshot
Maintaining an Access Database
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Back Up a Database
- Compact and Repair a Database
- Protect a Database with a Password
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
- Analyze the Performance of a Database
Virtual Access 2003 - Level 2 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.