The course teaches the concepts of IP of the system from the perspective of
server administration, including its function, features, and configuration. This
is an entry-level course that begins with the basic concepts of IP telephony.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
Explain Cisco Unified Communications Manager from a Level 1 and Level 2 support
- Explain the system, services, and features of Cisco Unified
- Explain the importance and configuration of
redundancy and high availability in the enterprise network
- Configure basic
phone and user options
- Use the BAT to add phones and users
route patterns, gateways, and trunks
- Configure conferencing, MOH, and
other media resources
- Configure phone features, hunt groups, and services
Lesson 1: Introduction to IP Telephony
- Exploring IP Telephony
- Describing Deployment Models
- Understanding Advanced Multisite Features
Lesson 2: Defining the Basic Configuration
- Logging In to Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Examining Basic Server Configuration
- Describing Multilevel Administration
- Configuring DRS Backup and Restore Procedures
Lesson 3: User Administration
- Understanding User Configuration
- Using the User Web Pages
Lesson 4: Preparation for Phone Registration
- Configuring System Parameters
- Supporting Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Exploring Phone Registration and Cisco Unified IP Phones
- Utilizing the Bulk Administration Tool (BAT)
Lesson 5: Basic Route Plan Configuration
- Implementing Dial Plan Connectivity
- Creating Route Patterns
Lesson 6: Route Filters and Digit Manipulation
- Configuring Translation Patterns and Route Filters
- Understanding Digit Manipulation
Lesson 7: Class of Control
- Defining Class of Control
- Using Class of Control Features
Lesson 8: Understanding Media Resources
- Defining Media Resources
- Exploring Media Resource Management
Lesson 9: Features and Services
- Describing Basic Features
- Exploring Hunt Groups
- Describing Phone Services
Understand basic networking Know basic telephony Be familiar with phone system
administration Understand Microsoft Windows programs such as Internet Explorer
Virtual Cisco® Administering Cisco® Unified Communications Manager (ACUCM) 8.0 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.