Students will learn to identify career preferences, seek career counseling, recognize the skills that promote employability, identify and develop new skills, explore career options, network effectively, and avoid the pitfalls in career exploration.
- Career preferences
- Identifying and relating preferences
- Career-related skills
- Identifying skills
- Acquiring skills to help your career
- Career exploration
- Exploring career options
- Developing career goals
- Understanding career goals
- Setting career goals
- Identifying and avoiding goal-setting pitfalls
- Creating career strategies
- Evaluating careers
- Planning career strategies
- Implementing career strategies
- Working to excel
- Facilitating productivity
- Developing self-discipline
- Keeping professionalism high
- Marketing yourself
- Establishing a professional image
- Promoting yourself
- Staying competitive
- Taking advantage of skills and talents
- Learning new skills
- Competing with yourself
- Networking to advance your career
- Understanding career networking
- Networking effectively
- Networking for career opportunities
- Seeking career guidance
- Defining needs
- Choosing a mentor or coach and building rapport
- Finding a sponsor
- Developing a career network
- Communicating effectively
- Building strong relationships
Virtual Career Development Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.