In this course, students will learn how to develop skills to effectively negotiate within a business setting.
After completing this course, students will know how to:- Identify the objectives and variables that influence a negotiation and establish requirements for a negotiation.- Gather information about the other party and estimate the other party's requirements based on the information.- Formulate a plan for agreement and determine the logistics of where, when, who, and what.- Use a process to conduct a successful negotiation, use effective communication and questioning during a negotiation, and handle the different types of negotiation styles and situations.- Gain control in a negotiation, recognize negotiation tactics used to gain an advantage over the other party, and respond appropriately to the use of unethical tactics.
Establishing your terms of agreement
- Understanding negotiation objectives
- Identifying objectives
- Determining variables
- Understanding and establishing your requirements
- Establishing requirements
- Working with a negotiation team
Researching the other party
- Information gathering
- Gathering information about the company
- Gathering information about participants
- Estimation of the other party's requirements
- Estimating requirements
Preparing for an agreement
- Planning for an agreement
- Establishing bartering boundaries
- Formulating a plan
- The negotiation environment
- Choosing a location
- Determining the who and what logistics
Conducting a negotiation
- Understanding the negotiation process
- Identifying the steps in the negotiation process
- Using guidelines in a negotiation
- Communicating during a negotiation
- Communicating effectively during a negotiation
- Identifying and overcoming communication barriers
- Using questions in a negotiation
- Challenging negotiation situations
- Identifying negotiation styles
- Handling challenging negotiation situations
Advanced negotiating tactics
- Control in negotiations
- Gaining control in a negotiation
- Identifying the types of questions
- Negotiation tactics
- Responding to various tactics
- Negotiation ethics
- Understanding legal considerations
- Handling unethical tactics
- Responding to an unethical act
Virtual Negotiating Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.