All of the data within a database installation is at risk unless one has designed, tested and implemented a robust backup and recovery strategy. The objective of this training module is to assist you in doing just that.
- About Instance Recovery
- Instance Recovery Parallelism
- Changing Recovery Parallelism
- MTTR Advisor & Tuning Checkpoints
- Log Checkpoints to Alert
- Redo Logfile Size Advisor
- Fast-Start On-Demand Parallelism
- RMAN Architecture
- Launch & Use RMAN
- Configure RMAN Settings
- Allocate RMAN Channels
Backup with RMAN
- About Backup File Types
- Performing Full Backups
- Performing Incremental Backups
- Establishing Backup Retention Policy
- Generate Reports
- Report Unrecoverable
- Report Need Backup
- List Incarnation
RMAN Management with EM
- Monitoring the Flash Recovery Area
- The EM Interface to RMAN
- Scheduling RMAN Backups
- Oracle-Suggested Backup Strategy
- Manage Current Backups
- Backup Reports
- Manage Restore Points
User-Managed Recovery Operations
- Recovery Concepts
- Recover Temporary Tablespaces
- Recover Read-Only Tablespaces
- Recover Index Tablespaces
- Recover Redo Log Group Member
- Recreate the Password File
Recovery with RMAN
- Complete Media Recovery
- Incomplete Media Recovery
- Recovery Using EM
Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
- Understanding Catalog Concepts
- Create the Recovery Catalog
- Manage Virtual Private Catalog
- Protection of the Recovery Catalog
- Using RMAN Scripts
Database Duplication & Cloning
- Why Perform Database Duplication?
- RMAN Duplicate Database
- RMAN Duplicate
- Database Cloning
Advanced RMAN Capabilities
- Backup Optimization
- Enhancing Parallelism, Section Sizes
- Backup Performance & Control
- Minimize Time vs. Minimize Load
- Archival Backups
- Copying Files Between Databases
- About Tablespace Transportation
- Read-Only Tablespace Transportation
- Read-Write Tablespace Tranport
- Transport Tablespaces Using EM
Recovering from Corruption with Data Recovery Advisor
- How does Corruption Occur?
- Detecting Corruption
- V$DATABASE_BLOCK_CORRUPTION View
- Using the Data Recovery Advisor
- Block Media Recovery
- DBMS_Repair Isolation
Virtual Oracle Database 11g R2: RMAN Backup & Recovery Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.