Identify the fundamentals of organizational behavior and develop a positive culture in an organization.
After completing this course, students will know how to:- Identify the fundamentals of organizational behavior, identify the types of communication and power in an organization, and examine how they affect organizational behavior.- Identify the individual characteristics that affect organizational behavior, and identify the factors that drive individual behavior.- Identify group and team dynamics.- Identify communication styles and channels, make group decisions, and manage group conflicts.- Identify the ways in which power and politics are used in an organization, and identify the impact of leadership on organizational behavior.- Identify the elements and types of organizational structure and their effect on organizational behavior, individuals, and groups.- Identify the elements that contribute to effective job design and workspace design.- Develop a positive culture in an organization, and manage diversity.
Understanding organizational behavior
- Organizational behavior fundamentals
- Discussing OB basics
- Identifying OB variables
- Communication and power
- Discussing communication and power
Organizational dynamics for individuals
- Individual characteristics
- Identifying the effects of individual characteristics
- Evaluating values, attitudes, and job satisfaction
- Factors driving individual behavior
- Examining individual perception and decision making
- Understanding motivation
Group and team dynamics
- Organizational dynamics for groups
- Discussing the types of groups
- Understanding group dynamics
- Organizational dynamics for teams
- Creating and managing teams
- Communication styles and channels
- Discussing communication styles and channels
- Decision making
- Examining group decision making
- Conflict management
- Managing group conflict
Power, politics, and leadership
- Power and politics in organizations
- Using power in organizations
- Using politics in organizations
- Leadership in organizations
- Differentiating leadership from management
- Discussing contingency theories and leadership
- Elements of structure
- Examining the elements of organizational structure
- Types of structures
- Examining the types of organizational structures
- Examining factors affecting organizational structure
- Effects of structures
- Examining the effects of organizational structure
Job and workspace design
- Job design
- Understanding the principles of job design
- Examining the methods for job analysis
- Exploring the principles of job redesign
- Workspace design
- Understanding workspace design and productivity
- Positive culture
- Identifying the elements of organizational culture
- Maintaining a positive organizational culture
- Managing diversity
- Understanding the effects of diversity
Virtual Organizational Behavior Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.