Students will gain an understanding of the network technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and IP-enabled networks. Students will also learn how to plan a Windows Server 2008 operating system infrastructure.
6421 Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- Installing and Configuring Servers
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
- Configuring and Managing WINS
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DHCP
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv6 TCP/IP
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
- Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role Service
- Configuring Network Access Protection
- Configuring IPsec
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting IPsec
- Configuring and Managing Distributed File System
- Configuring and Managing Storage Technologies
- Configuring Availability of Network Resources and Content
- Configuring Server Security Compliance
6430 Planning for Windows Server 2008 Servers
- Planning Windows Server 2008 Deployment
- Planning Network Infrastructure for Windows Server 2008
- Planning for Active Directory
- Planning for Group Policy
- Planning Application Servers
- Planning File and Print Services
- Planning Server and Network Security
- Planning Server Administration
- Planning and Implementing Monitoring and Maintenance
- Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Planning Virtualization
Virtual Windows Server 2008 Bootcamp - Part 2 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.