Update your mental health skills and knowledge of current psychiatric nursing care. Chapters place a clinical emphasis on the nursing process utilizing case studies to help you develop expertise in writing care plans. Case studies and care plans are included throughout as bonus material!
About The Author(s):
- Describe common adult and child psychiatric disorders utilizing the DSM-IV-TR Guidelines
- Identify current treatment modalities and medications used with mental health disorders
- Explore ethical, legal, and cultural issues associated with mental health care and treatment
- Obtain a nursing history of a psychiatric client and write an effective care plan
- Identify appropriate nursing measures for promoting safety and maximizing function
Bethany A. Murray - APRN BC
Bethany A. Murray is a practicing Advanced Practice Registered Nurse with her master’s degree in child/adolescent, psychiatric and mental health nursing. She is credentialed by the American Nurse Credentialing Center as a Child Clinical Nurse Specialist. Ms. Murray has worked in the psychiatric field since 1986. She is currently the nursing manager at the Center for Behavioral Health in Bloomington, IN, as well as a part-time lecturer for the Indiana University School of Nursing. Ms. Murray is a member of the Coalition of Advanced Practice Nurses of Indiana (CAPNI), an educational and political organization that promotes advanced nursing practice at a local, state, and national level.