You can use several features of the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance products to defend networks, network-connected endpoints, and network infrastructure devices from various threats. This course provides an overview of the technology and major features of the Cisco ASA security appliance and describes the hardware characteristics and licensing options of the Cisco ASA security appliance products. This information will help you select the appropriate Cisco ASA security appliances and licensing to meet the needs of your organization.Learning Objectives
- Identify characteristics of firewall systems
- Select appropriate firewall system technologies for a particular scenario
- Describe the features of firewall system technologies
- Select appropriate Cisco ASA network access control features for a particular scenario
- Describe Cisco ASA network access control features
- Identify the network integration features the Cisco ASA supports
- Identify the manageability features the Cisco ASA supports
- Select the appropriate Cisco ASA hardware platform based for a particular scenario
- Select an appropriate Cisco ASA SSM for a particular scenario
- Describe the features of Cisco ASA licensing options
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Security designation. Cisco Network Security Engineers responsible for the selection, configuration, and troubleshooting of the majority of Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance perimeter security features to reduce risk to IT infrastructure and its applications within their networking environments.
Established IT professionals with a good understanding of networking and Cisco technology, installation, troubleshooting, and monitoring of devices used to maintain integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and network devices that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure, as well as working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Candidates who have completed the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification and the Cisco Certified Network Associate Security Certification (CCNA Security).