To get started with the Cisco ASA and to prepare the appliance for Cisco Adaptive Security Device Manager (ASDM), you should be familiar with the security appliance startup process. This course describes how to bootstrap the security appliance, prepare the security appliance for configuration via the Cisco ASDM, and launch and navigate Cisco ASDM.Learning Objectives
- Recognize the Cisco ASA boot process and its factory built-in configuration
- Identify the features of the security appliance CLI configuration modes
- Recognize which command to use to manage the Cisco ASA flash files in a given scenario
- Identify the functions of Cisco ASA commands used in the file system
- Identify Cisco ASDM features and requirements
- Recognize how to prepare the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance for configuration via Cisco ASDM
- Identify the components of the Cisco ASDM device and firewall dashboards
- Recognize the functions of Cisco ASDM interface components
- Recognize the features of the tool menu of Cisco ASDM
- Identify the Cisco ASDM wizards and their functions
- Describe how to perform an upgrade of a Cisco ASA security appliance
- Perform an upgrade of a Cisco ASA when a firewall configuration is not present
Anyone wishing to obtain the Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP Security designation. Cisco Network Security Engineers responsible for the selection, configuration, and the troubleshooting of the majority of Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance perimeter security features to reduce risk to IT infrastructure
and its applications within their networking environments.
Established IT professionals with a good understanding of networking and Cisco technology, installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of devices used to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and network devices that Cisco uses in its security infrastructure, as well as working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system.
Candidates who have completed the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification and the Cisco Certified Network Associate Security Certification (CCNA Security).