Students will gain the knowledge and skills to develop HTML5 web applications using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Introduction to HTML5 Development
- Overview of HTML
- Whats New in HTML5
- Introduction to CSS
- Introduction to jQuery
- Lab : Building a Basic Web Page in the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Environment
Creating Page Structure and Navigation
- HTML5 Structural Elements
- Navigation and Menus
- Lab : Creating Page Structure and Navigation
Creating Form Input and Validation
- Working with Input Types
- Using Form Attributes
- Using Browser Detection, Feature Detection, and Modernizr
- Lab : Creating Form Input and Validation
Laying Out and Styling Webpages
- Creating Layouts
- Advanced CSS by Using CSS3
- Lab : Laying Out and Styling Webpages
Getting Started with Graphics and Multimedia Elements
- Canvas Basics
- Video/Audio Formats and Codecs
- Lab : Getting Started with Graphics and Multimedia Elements
Creating Advanced Graphics
- Drawing with SVG
- Choosing Between SVG and Canvas
- Lab : Creating Advanced Graphics
Using Client-Side Storage
- Web Storage vs. Cookies
- Web Storage API
- Lab : Using Client-Side Storage
- Using the Drag-and-Drop API
- File API
- Geolocation API
Using WebMatrix and Other Developer Tools
- ASP.NET MVC3 and Razor
- Lab : Using WebMatrix and Other Developer Tools
Virtual 10953 Programming HTML5 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.