This course focuses on the processes, tools and techniques of the business analyst & reporting professional.
How to target the message to the audience, which visuals work best with which audiences, learn to create vivid visualizations that truly tell a story for your audience, learn the common problems of dashboard design, learn to avoid clutter and communicate precisely and concisely.
Project managers, business analysts, systems analysts, technical managers, and software developers who wish to learn the tools and techniques of effective communication, dashboard design and development, and quantitative analysis.
A Basic overview
- How we communicate information
- The dangers of e-mail
- Why are numbers so important
- The fundamental problems of data presentation
- Key Performance Indicators
- Linking data to strategy
- The basics of graphs
- Seven common quantitative relationships in graphs
- The impact of visual perception
- The basic visual design process
- Highlighting data in visual design
- Effective use of visual objects to convey information
- Aligning visual objects to quantitative relationships
- Table basics
- What makes a well designed table
- When are tables effective
- Working together, tables & graphs
The Dashboard Defined
- What is a dashboard
- Why use a dashboard
- The target audience of dashboards
- The current state of dashboards
Dashboard Design Basics
- Best practices in dashboard design
- Core challenges in dashboard design
- Few’s 13 mistakes in dashboard design
The Steps in Dashboard Design
- The basic process of dashboard design
- Steps to enrich a dashboard’s meaning
- Dashboard display mechanisms, when how & why
- ID: 1384-RADM1D
- CDUs/Contact Hrs / PDUs: 14/21
Virtual Reporting, Analytics & Dashboard Management Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.