Your Practical Ethical Compliance Guide
Real-life legal practice doesn't fit neatly into the bounds of legal ethics that we all learned in law school. There are always questions and pitfalls that you'll need to figure out to make certain you're in compliance today. This course compiles the toughest current challenges attorneys face in protecting their professional reputations. Our experienced attorney faculty will help you get the tools you need to do the right thing without fear of disciplinary action or litigation. Enroll today!
- Clarify allowable and prohibited conduct in social media.
- Discover and avoid hidden conflicts of interest.
- Find out how to properly handle case delays.
- Forestall allegations of client fee trust mismanagement with our best practices guide.
- Protect client confidentiality in online communications and in data storage.
- Online Ethics
8:45 - 9:20, Written by Brenda L. Wahler. Presented by Brenda L. Wahler in Helena and Adrian Miller in Billings.
- Directory Listings
- Q&A Forums (Does it Constitute Legal Advice?)
- Social Media Use
- Duties to Prospective Clients
9:20 - 9:55, Written and Presented by Brenda L. Wahler in Helena and Steven L. Stockdale in Billings.
- Confidentiality and Data Security
10:10 - 10:45, Written and Presented by Carl B. Jensen Jr. in Helena and Adrian Miller in Billings.
- Confidentiality Tips for Mobile Attorneys
- Cloud Storage and File Sharing
- Case Delays and Insufficient Client Communications
10:45 - 11:20, Written and Presented by Carl B. Jensen Jr. in Helena and Steven L. Stockdale in Billings.
- Legal Ethics of E-mail
- Texting, Online Chat, "Friending" Clients on Facebook
- Managing Client Expectations
- Notifying Court of Date Changes and Requesting Extensions
- Attorney Fees and Client Trust Accounts
11:20 - 12:00, Written by Randy K. Dix. Presented by Randy K. Dix in Helena and Penelope S. Strong in Billings.
- Referral Fees
- Co-Counsel Fees
- Liens on Deferred Fees
- Interest on Client Trust Accounts
This basic-to-intermediate level ethics course is designed for attorneys.