Every contact an employee has with other people is a reflection on the company and as business goes global, it is more important than ever to ensure your employees act appropriately in both business and social situations.
Although a large part of a successful image comes from knowing your particular business, an even greater part comes from knowing the basics of good manners.
This one-day workshop will introduce participants to Canadian business etiquette basics from the handshake to the skill of making small talk and business dining. The course will also focus on etiquette in the digital age such as using email and other business social networks such as LinkedIn.
Through ctc TrainCanada’s applied learning approach participants will practice introductions, engaging in conversations and how to make that first great impression.
Students will learn:
- Network effectively, including making introductions, shaking hands, and using business cards appropriately in the North American business context
- Dress appropriately for every business occasion
- Feel comfortable when dining in business and formal situations
- Feel more confident about your business communication in every situation
- Develop that extra edge to establish trust and credibility