Coaching is the quickest and most effective method of developing staff.
Good coaching and performance management leads to self-motivation and an attitude that is oriented towards solutions and continual improvement rather than problems and avoidance.
Coaching is also part of the new performance-led culture. It is an effective way for enabling an organization to meet competitive pressures, plan for succession and bring about change.
Coaching is based on a partnership that involves giving both support and challenging opportunities to employees. Knowing how and when to coach is an essential skill that can reap benefits throughout your professional life.
In this highly interactive workshop, participants will role-play and practice various coaching techniques as part of ctc TrainCanada’s applied approach to learning.
Participants will be able to:
- Gain a thorough understanding how coaching can be used to develop your team.
- Develop the coaching skills that help improve individual performance.
- Demonstrate the behaviors and practices of an effective coach.
- Recognize employees’ strengths and give them the feedback they need to succeed.
- Identify employee problems and ways you can help to correct them.