Participants in this workshop will learn effective techniques to manage their own negative reactions and emotions so they can focus on ways to seek a resolution on issues. As part of ctc TrainCanada’s applied approach to learning, includes returning to work with a plan you can apply right away to a difficult situation.
Introduction and Course Overview
- Get to know other participants and discuss what will take place during the workshop. Participants will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Examine the idea that, in a relationship with another person, our expectations are likely to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Dealing with Change
- During this session, participants will examine change through a panel discussion and small group work.
The Agreement Frame
- Anthony Robbins, and many other communicators, suggests we become skillful at using what he calls The Agreement Frame. This session will explore this idea and practice applying it.
The Ten Commandments of Change
- Sam Deep and Lyle Sussman suggest there are ten commandments associated with change. Participants will look at these commandments and see how they can be applied.
- There are several key ways that we can prevent problems from occurring. These methods will be examined in a lecture and in small group work.
Dealing with Problems
- Participants will work in small groups to explore eight ways of dealing with problems.
Causes of Difficult Behavior
- This lecture will look at the four fears that everyone has and how we can cope with them
The Five-Step Process
- During this session, we will look at a five-step process that can help participants resolve conflict.