This course provides students with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and deploy a physical and logical Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will be able to:• Implement server upgrade and migration.• Design an automated server installation strategy.• Plan and implement a server deployment infrastructure.• Plan and implement file and storage services.• Design and implement a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) solution.• Design a name resolution solution strategy.• Design and manage an IP address management solution.• Design a VPN solution.• Design a DirectAccess solution.• Implement a scalable remote access solution.• Design a network protection solution.• Implement a network protection solution.• Design a forest and domain infrastructure.• Implement a forest and domain infrastructure.• Design a Group Policy strategy.• Design an Active Directory permission model.• Design an Active Directory sites topology.• Design a domain controller strategy.
Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
- Upgrade and Migration Considerations
- Creating a Server Upgrade and Migration Plan
- Planning for Virtualization
- Lab : Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
- Selecting an Appropriate Server Imaging Strategy
- Selecting a Deployment Automation Strategy
- Implementing an Automated Deployment Strategy
- Lab : Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Infrastructure
Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
- Designing and Implementing DHCP
- Planning and Implementing DHCP Scopes
- Planning and Implementing an IPAM Provisioning Strategy
- Lab : Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and IP Address Management Solution
Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
- Designing a DNS Server Implementation Strategy
- Designing the DNS Namespace
- Designing and Implementing DNS Zones
- Designing and Configuring DNS Zone Replication and Delegation
- Optimizing DNS Servers
- Designing DNS for High Availability and Security
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
- Designing an AD DS Forest
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Forest Trusts
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Domains
- Designing DNS Namespaces in AD DS Environments
- Designing AD DS Domain Trusts
- Lab : Designing and Implementing an AD DS Forest Infrastructure
- Lab : Designing and Implementing an AD DS Domain Infrastructure
Designing and Implementing an OU Infrastructure and AD DS Permissions Model
- Planning the AD DS Administrative Tasks Delegation Model
- Designing the OU Structure
- Designing and Implementing an AD DS Group Strategy
- Lab : Designing and Implementing an AD DS OU Infrastructure and AD DS Delegation Model
Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
- Gathering the Information Required for a GPO Design
- Designing and Implementing GPOs
- Designing GPO Processing
- Planning Group Policy Management
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Group Policy Object Strategy
Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
- Designing and Implementing AD DS Sites
- Designing AD DS Replication
- Designing the Placement of Domain Controllers
- Virtualization Considerations for Domain Controllers
- Designing Highly-Available Domain Controllers
- Lab : Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
Planning and Implementing Storage
- Storage Considerations
- Planning and Implementing iSCSI SANs
- Lab : Planning and Implementing Storage
Planning and Implementing File Services
- Planning and Implementing a Distributed File System
- Planning and Implementing BranchCache
- Planning and Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Lab : Designing and Implementing File Services
Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
- Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services
- Designing RADIUS Authentication by Using a Network Policy Server
- Designing a Perimeter Network
- Planning and Implementing DirectAccess
- Lab : Designing and Implementing Network Access Services
Designing and Implementing Network Protection
- Overview of Network Security Design
- Identifying and Mitigating Common Network Security Threats
- Designing and Implementing a Windows Firewall Strategy
- Designing and Implementing a Network Access Protection Infrastructure
- Lab : Designing a
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience. This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary.
Virtual 20413 Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.