Forestall Allegations of Impropriety with Our Proactive Methods
Are you doing all you can to head off potential malpractice suits? Attorneys facing allegations filed by former clients are on the rise. Fortunately, you can protect yourself and this half-day seminar will show you how. Our experienced faculty will share their savvy, proactive strategies and techniques. You'll also gain a firm foundation in client relations ethics so you can build productive, positive client relationships. Don't risk your reputation - enroll today!
- Recognize the red flags that point to a potentially troublesome client.
- Find out which transactions are prohibited and how to say no if a client suggests one.
- Learn how to communicate the boundaries of your scope of representation.
- Understand how to confidently identify conflicts of interest in order to effectively avoid them.
- Explore the unique nature and responsibilities of the attorney-client relationship.
- Learn how changing technology brings on new ethical dilemmas and what you need to know to prevent inadvertent disclosures.
- HOW TO AVOID BEING THE TARGET OF A LEGAL MALPRACTICE CLAIM
8:45 - 9:45, Joseph Russo
- Screening the Case and the Client
- Recognizing and Avoiding Prohibited Transactions with a Client
- Scope of Retention
- Time Limitations
- Implementing Internal Controls in the Office
- Identifying Attorney Competency Issues
- IDENTIFYING AND AVOIDING CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
10:00 - 11:00, Joseph Russo
- Types of Conflicts of Interest
- Consequences of Conflicts of Interest
- The Attorney-Client Relationship
- Vicarious Disqualification
- Motions for Disqualification
- CHANGING TECHNOLOGY AND ATTORNEY-CLIENT PRIVILEGE
11:00 - 12:00, Christopher H. Findley
- How Changing Technology Brings Ethical Dilemmas
- Wireless Communications
- Cell Phones
- Defining the "Reasonable Expectation of Confidentiality" in Light of the Ease of Intercepting Wireless Conversations
- What the Courts Say Regarding Privilege and Wireless Communications
- Inadvertent Disclosures
This basic-to-intermediate level seminar offers concrete answers for attorneys who deal with the tricky ethical questions facing today's legal professionals.