Oracle Database 11g: Introduction
In this course, students will identify and use all the basic features of Oracle Database 11g.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for any database professional whose company is considering transition to Oracle or is about to move to Oracle databases.
* Classroom Learning - 1 Day(s)
* Online LIVE - 1 Day(s)
Prerequisite(s) or Equivalent Knowledge:
* Relational Database Design A Practical Approach
To ensure your success, we recommend that you be familiar with relational database concepts and the fundamentals of databases.
Lesson 1: Fundamentals of Oracle Database 11g
* Overview of Basic Database Concepts
* Explore Oracle Database 11g
Lesson 2: Overview of the Oracle Architecture
* Examine Memory Structures
* Examine Logical Storage Structures
* Examine Physical Storage Structures
* Examine Backup and Recovery Processes
Lesson 3: Using SQL Commands to Work with Tables
* Use Data Definition Language (DDL) Commands
* Use Data Manipulation Language (DML) Commands
* Use Transaction Control Language (TCL) Commands
Lesson 4: Creating Other Database Objects
* Create Indexes
* Apply Sequences
* Use Views
* Use Synonyms
Lesson 5: Using PL/SQL Commands to Manipulate Data
* Use PL/SQL Blocks
* Work with Packages
* Create Triggers
* Use Object Relational Databases
Lesson 6: Administering a Database
* Create a Database
* Manage Database Memory
* Manage Database Processes
* Work with Tablespaces
* Managing Users and Permissions
Fundamentals of Oracle Database 11g
- Overview of Basic Database Concepts
- Explore Oracle Database 11g
Overview of the Oracle Architecture
- Examine Memory Structures
- Examine Logical Storage Structures
- Examine Physical Storage Structures
- Examine Backup and Recovery Processes
Using SQL Commands to Work with Tables
- Use Data Definition Language (DDL) Commands
- Use Data Manipulation Language (DML) Commands
- Use Transaction Control Language (TCL) Commands
Creating Other Database Objects
- Create Indexes
- Apply Sequences
- Use Views
- Use Synonyms
Using PL/SQL Commands to Manipulate Data
- Use PL/SQL Blocks
- Work with Packages
- Create Triggers
- Use Object Relational Databases
Administering a Database
- Create a Database
- Manage Database Memory
- Manage Database Processes
- Work with Tablespaces
- Managing Users and Permissions
Virtual Oracle Database 11g: Introduction Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.