Skillfully Handle Troubled Real Estate Loans
When foreclosure is looming, you not only need to understand all your client's options, you also need practical techniques for protecting your client's interests. Get the tools you need at this essential seminar. We'll begin with a detailed walk-through of the foreclosure process. Then our experienced faculty will take an in-depth look at workouts and how to handle the title, environmental and post-foreclosure issues commonly encountered when working with troubled assets. Take your skills to the next level. Register today!
- Know the nuts and bolts of the foreclosure process, including its requirements and procedural pitfalls.
- Learn how to adeptly use the various workout tools and loan modification options at your disposal to avoid foreclosure.
- Recognize the title issues involved in the foreclosure and workout context and learn how to resolve them.
- Mitigate the environmental risk associated with troubled assets using tips from our experienced faculty.
- Maintain an ethical practice by avoiding conflicts of interest and multiple representation issues.
- Learn proven eviction and ejectment techniques to secure property as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the post-foreclosure liability for property preservation, taxes, code violations and other ownership responsibilities.
- Utah Foreclosure Law Update: Changes You Need to Know!
9:00 - 9:30, Marlon L. Bates
- The Foreclosure Process in Utah
9:30 - 10:15, Marlon L. Bates
- Notice Requirements
- Foreclosure Hearing
- Foreclosure Sale
- The "Closing" With Third Party Bidders
- Foreclosure Compliance in Utah: New Requirements and Advanced Issues
10:30 - 11:15, Marlon L. Bates
- State Foreclosure Compliance Update
- The CFPB's Effect on the Foreclosure Industry
- Final Mortgage Servicing Rules That Apply
- Processing Loss Mitigation Applications
- To What Extent do Borrowers Have a Right to Modification?
- Complex Lender Liability Issues in Foreclosure
- Problematic Areas in Foreclosure
- 1099 Issues in Foreclosure
- A New Wave of Foreclosure Defense
- Strategic Bankruptcy in Foreclosure
- Environmental Issues in the Foreclosure Process
11:15 - 12:00, J. Craig Smith
- Assumption of Environmental Liability Through Foreclosure
- Protections Afforded to Lenders and Post-Foreclosure Title Holders
- Assessment of Environmental Risk Pre-Foreclosure
- Assessment of Environmental Risk Post-Foreclosure
- Title Issues in the Foreclosure Process and Workout Context
1:00 - 1:45, J. Craig Smith
- The Pre-Foreclosure Title Report
- Notice to Lien and Interest Holders
- Judicial vs. Non-Judicial Foreclosure
- Title Aspects of Foreclosure Alternatives
- Title Issues Arising During Foreclosure
- Workouts - The Various Tools in the Toolbox for Working Out Troubled Real Estate Loans
1:45 - 2:30, Adelaide Maudsley
- Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
- Loan Modifications
- Discounted Payoffs
2:45 - 3:45, Adelaide Maudsley
- Conflicts of Interest
- Multiple Representation Issues
- Due Diligence and Duty to Disclose
- Attorneys' Fees
- Post-Foreclosure Issues
3:45 - 4:30, Lori King
- Eviction and Ejectment
- Eviction Procedures and Issues
- Ejectment Procedures and Issues
- Liability for Code Violations, Taxes, Homeowner Dues, Etc.
- Property Preservation Problems
This intermediate level seminar is geared towards professionals who would like to augment their legal knowledge of foreclosures and loan workouts. Those who may benefit include:
- In-House Counsel
- Real Estate Professionals