This course is a five-day course aimed at providing network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure Cisco IOS Software IPv6 features.
Introduction to IPv6
- Explaining the Rationale for IPv6
- Evaluating IPv6 Features and Benefits
- Understanding Market Drivers
- Understanding the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
- Describing the IPv6 Header Format
- Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Enabling IPv6 on Cisco Routers
- Using ICMPv6 and Neighbor Discovery
- IPv6 Mobility
- Describing DNS in an IPv6 Environment
- Understanding DHCPv6 Operations
- Understanding QoS Support in an IPv6 Environment
- Using Cisco IOS Software Features
IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Routing with RIPng
- Examining OSPFv3
- Examining Integrated IS-IS
- Examining EIGRP for IPv6
- Understanding MP-BGP
- Configuring IPv6 Policy-Based Routing
- Configuring FHRP for IPv6
- Configuring Route Redistribution
IPv6 Multicast Services
- Implementing Multicast in an IPv6 Network
- Using IPv6 MLD
IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Implementing Dual-Stack
- Describing IPv6 Tunneling Mechanisms
- Configuring IPv6 ACLs
- Using IPsec, IKE, and VPNs
- Discussing Security Issues in an IPv6 Transition Environment
- Understanding IPv6 Security Practices
- Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall for IPv6
- Examining IPv6 Address Allocation
- Understanding the IPv6 Multihoming Issue
- Identifying IPv6 Enterprise Deployment Strategies
IPv6 and Service Providers
- Identifying IPv6 Service Provider Deployment
- Understanding Support for IPv6 in MPLS
- Understanding 6VPE
- Understanding IPv6 Broadband Access Services
IPv6 Case Studies
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Enterprise Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Service Provider Networks
- Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Branch Networks
- Lab 2-1: Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Lab 2-2: Using Neighbor Discovery
- Lab 3-1: Using Prefix Delegation
- Lab 4-1: Routing with OSPFv3
- Lab 4-2: Routing with IS-IS
- Lab 4-3: Routing with EIGRP
- Lab 4-4: Routing with BGP and MP-BGP
- Lab 5-1: Multicasting
- Lab 6-1: Implementing Tunnels for IPv6
- Lab 7-1: Configuring Advanced ACLs
- Lab 7-2: Implementing IPsec and IKE
- Lab 7-3: Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall
- Lab 9-1: Configuring 6PE and 6VPE
- Configuration Files Summary
- Lab Activity Solutions
- Teardown and Restoration
Network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector.
Virtual Cisco® IPv6 Fundamentals, Design and Deployment 3.0 (IP6FD) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.