Students will learn how to create, configure, and manage a SharePoint Team Site so that their organization can share information and collaborate effectively.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:• Create and configure new SharePoint sites.• Add document, asset, and wiki page libraries to sites and configure them.• Add and configure announcement, task, calendar, contacts, and custom lists.• Create and implement custom forms.• Configures Site Settings, site search, and site navigation.• Assign permissions and access rights to sites, users, and lists and documents.• Configure content roll-up, and finalize site configuration.
Creating a New Site
- Create a Site
- Change the Look and Feel of Your SharePoint Site
Adding and Configuring Libraries
- Configure Document Library for Your SharePoint Team Site
- Configure the Site Assets Library for Your SharePoint Site
- Add and Configure a Wiki for Your SharePoint Site
Adding and Configuring Lists
- Add an Announcement List
- Add and Configure a Task List
- Add and Configure Contact and Calendar Lists
- Add and Configure a Blog Subsite
- Add and Configure a Custom List to your SharePoint Site
- Customize List Forms
Configuring Site Settings, Navigation, and Search
- Configure Site Search Options
- Configure Site Administration Settings
- Configure Site Organization and Navigation
Assigning Permissions and Access Rights
- Sharing Sites and Setting Site Permissions
- Secure Lists, Libraries, and Documents
Configure Content Roll-up, Summary Links, and Site Map
- Add and Configure the Content Search Web Part
- Add and Configure the Relevant Documents Web Part
This course is designed for existing Microsoft SharePoint site users who will create and manage a SharePoint site.
Virtual Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013: Site Owner Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.