Course length: 2.0 day(s)
Course Objective: You will manage site collections and site
components as a site collection administrator and as a site
Target Student: This course is designed for individual contributors
or departmental staff in a variety of job roles, such as administrative
assistants, functional or operations managers, with basic SharePoint
skills, and who have the responsibility for managing SharePoint sites as
an enabling technology within their workgroups, not necessarily IT tech
Prerequisites: The following course or equivalent experience is required:
- Microsoft® SharePoint® Foundation 2010: Level 1
- Some familiarity with basic Windows server concepts such as Windows
2003 and Windows 2003 concepts, PowerShell, basic concepts of coding and
scripting, and Internet Information Server (IIS) is recommended but not
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- brand a site collection.
- manage lists in a site collection.
- manage document libraries.
- manage form libraries.
- manage content structures in a site collection.
- manage a workflow.
- manage indexing and searching options.
- enable offline work with SharePoint sites using SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- manage a SharePoint application using Central Administration.
- manage user access.
- manage security options in Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
- manage site usage.
- perform site maintenance.
Lesson 1: Branding a Site Collection
- Topic 1A: Describe the SharePoint Site Hierarchy
- Topic 1B: Create a Custom Look and Feel for a Site Collection
- Topic 1C: Create a Custom Site Layout
Lesson 2: Managing Lists
- Topic 2A: Perform Calculations on List Data
- Topic 2B: Create Custom Lists
- Topic 2C: Customize List Settings
Lesson 3: Managing Libraries
- Topic 3A: Perform Advanced Operations on a Library
- Topic 3B: Create a Library Template
- Topic 3C: Describe Information Rights Management
Lesson 4: Managing Form Libraries
- Topic 4A: Create a Form Library
- Topic 4B: Customize a Form Template Using InfoPath
Lesson 5: Managing Content Structures
- Topic 5A: Create a Content Type
- Topic 5B: Apply Content Types
Lesson 6: Managing Workflows
- Topic 6A: Add a Default Workflow
- Topic 6B: Create a Custom Workflow
Lesson 7: Working with Indexing and Searching
- Topic 7A: Index Content
- Topic 7B: Enable Search Options
Lesson 8: Working Offline Using SharePoint Workspace 2010
- Topic 8A: Synchronize a SharePoint Site on the Local Computer
- Topic 8B: Perform Offline Operations on a SharePoint Site
Lesson 9: Managing the SharePoint Applications Using Central Administration
- Topic 9A: Create a Site Collection
- Topic 9B: Administer a Site Collection
- Topic 9C: Administer a Web Application
Lesson 10: Managing User Access
- Topic 10A: Manage Permissions
- Topic 10B: Describe Authentication Modes
Lesson 11: Managing Site Security
- Topic 11A: Set Web Part Security
- Topic 11B: Set Antivirus Options
- Topic 11C: Manage Blocked File Types
Lesson 12: Managing Site Usage
- Topic 12A: Set Site Collection Quotas and Locks
- Topic 12B: Monitor Site Usage
Lesson 13: Managing Site Maintenance
- Topic 13A: Recover Lost Information
- Topic 13B: Perform a Granular Backup
- Topic 13C: Restore a Granular Backup
- Topic 13D: Perform a Farm Backup
- Topic 13E: Restore a Farm Backup
Appendix A: Accessibility Features
Appendix B: Microsoft OneNote Integration with SharePoint
Appendix C: Permission Categories
Appendix D: File Types That Cannot Be Added to a List or Library
Appendix E: Creating a Master Page