Students who are existing SQL Server Business Intelligence (BI) professionals will gain the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced BI capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to: - Describe key new and enhanced features for BI in SQL Server 2012.- Use new and enhanced features in SQL Server Integration Services.- Manage data quality by using SQL Server Data Quality Services.- Manage master data by using new and enhanced features of SQL Server Master Data Services.- Use new and enhanced features of SQL Server Reporting Services.- Create tabular data models with PowerPivot and DAX.- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server Analysis Services.- Use Power View to create interactive data visualizations.- Integrate Microsoft cloud technologies into a BI solution.
Introduction to SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- Overview of SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- SQL Server 2012 for Enterprise Integration Management
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Analysis and Reporting
New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
- Using the CDC Control Task for Incremental Data Loads
- Deploying and Operating SSIS Packages
- Lab : Using SQL Server Integration Services
Data Quality Services
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Using Data Quality Services to Cleanse Data
- Using Data Quality Services to Match Data
- Lab : Cleansing Data
- Lab : Deduplicating Data
Master Data Services
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implementing a Master Data Services Model
- Managing Master Data
- Creating a Master Data Hub
- Lab : Implementing Master Data Services
SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Services and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Introduction to Data Alerts
- Lab : Using SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services
Creating Tabular Data Models with PowerPivot
- Introduction to Tabular Data Models and PowerPivot Technologies
- Using PowerPivot
- Using DAX in a PowerPivot Data Model
- Lab : Using PowerPivot for Excel
- Lab : Creating Calculated Columns
Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- •Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Developing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Lab : Working with an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
Creating Data Visualizations with Power View
- Introduction to Power View
- Visualizing Data with Power View
- Lab : Creating Interactive Reports with Power View
Using Cloud Technologies in a BI Solution
- Overview of Cloud Data Sources
- SQL Azure
- SQL Azure Reporting Services
- The Windows Azure Marketplace DataMarket
- Lab : Using Cloud Data in a BI Solution
This course is intended for BI professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Virtual 40009 Updating your Business Intelligence Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.