We are committed to safeguarding the health of our attendees and speakers. This seminar has been moved to an online format due to public health concerns.
Learn Best Practices to Handle Foreclosures Confidently
If owning a home is the American dream, then losing it through foreclosure is the American nightmare. Learn how to make the foreclosure process as smooth as possible for your clients by taking a walk through the legal procedures. At this workshop, you'll gain hands-on experience of the entire real property foreclosure process with step-by-step example documentation. Don't miss this opportunity to build your skills. Order today!
- Avoid legal missteps during the foreclosure process by staying up to date on foreclosure and bankruptcy legislation and case law.
- Discover effective strategies to avoid lengthy foreclosure action and let your clients get on with their lives as soon as possible.
- Gain insight on the foreclosure sale's legally required notices, deficiency bids and distribution of proceeds.
- Learn best practices for handling the post-foreclosure complications of deficiency judgments, sales pendente lite and tenant eviction.
- Find out what red flags to watch for during the foreclosure process and how to successfully "head them off at the pass."
- Study the alternatives to foreclosure in depth, so you can advise your clients on their loan default options.
- Stay up to date on the current issues affecting the mortgage industry.
All times are shown in Eastern time
- FORECLOSURE: AN IN-DEPTH WALK THROUGH WITH LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS
9:00 - 10:15, Joel P. Jones Jr.
- Pre-Foreclosure Process and Documents
- The Foreclosure Sale: Notices, Procedure and Documents
- Post-Foreclosure: Wrap-Up, Deficiency, Eviction and Other Legal Issues
- Keys to Spotting and Handling Issues That Typically Pop Up
- Insider Tips for a Smooth Foreclosure
- ALTERNATIVES TO FORECLOSURE: STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE AND LEGAL ISSUES
10:30 - 11:45, Joel P. Jones Jr.
- Reinstatement, Forbearance and Repayment Plans
- Mortgage Modification
- Partial Claim
- Sale, Pre-Foreclosure Sale or Short Payoff
- Assumption by Qualified Buyer
- Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure
- UPDATE: CASE LAW AND RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
12:45 - 2:00, Daniel T. Lattanzi
- HOW BANKRUPTCY CHANGES THE LANDSCAPE
2:00 - 3:15, Andrew S. Nason
- The Automatic Stay
- Chapter 7 and 13 Basics
- Post-Foreclosure Sale Bankruptcy Filings
- Protecting the Creditor's Position
- Noteworthy Foreclosure Litigation
- ETHICS IN FORECLOSURE
3:30 - 4:30, Joel P. Jones Jr.
- Attorney's Affirmative Duties in Foreclosure
- Conflicts of Interest
- Description of Property in Foreclosure Sale Advertising
- Wrongful Foreclosure, Abuse of Process and Frivolous Litigation
This basic-to-intermediate level program provides a hands-on walk through of the foreclosure process for:
- In-House Counsel
- Mortgage Brokers
- Loan Officers