It can happen at a moment’s notice: you need to communicate a new idea to senior managers, influence your colleagues to support your proposal or inspire direct reports to make a change. Are you prepared to communicate with anyone in your organization? Do you know how to analyze your audience? Can you frame your message so that people feel connected to you in a corporate setting?
To connect with many types of people while projecting confidence, credibility and trustworthiness requires specific tools and strategies. You’ll focus on improving communication skills and competencies necessary to build mutual understanding and connectivity with others, regardless of your role. You’ll also discover influence strategies and learn how to critically evaluate each unique communication event.
How You Will Benefit
- Analyze your audiences and situations and plan your message
- Create processes to frame your message to specific audiences
- Apply strategies to influence and motivate others throughout the organization
- Understand how communication can impact how much influence you have
- Exhibit a strong sense of self-confidence with your peers, direct reports and managers
1.2 CEU, 14 CPE, 12 PDCs, 12 PDU
What You Will Cover
- Solving real workplace communication issues
- Recognizing the role of communication in developing influence and improved productivity
- Exhibiting a strong sense of confidence and external image
- Applying strategies to build and use rapport and identification with colleagues
- Targeting your message to the situation
- Planning effective messaging in teams when up/down/across members are present
- Applying message-framing strategies to create a responsive environment
- Practicing how to deliver messages that promote clear and productive communication
- Motivating and influencing throughout the organization
- Evaluating and practicing various motivational and presentation formats
This Seminar Features Blended Learning
AMA Blended Learning combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses and other resources to maximize your training goals. Through a blend of proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, AMA Blended Learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for the learner—producing a greater return-on-investment for the employer and the seminar participant.
This communication training is ideal for business professionals who want to be strong, passionate and effective communicators who can speak to a variety of audiences across organizational boundaries.Cancellation:
Transfer, Cancellation and Refund Policy. For Classroom, Live Online and Webinar programs, you may transfer to a future session, send someone to take your place or cancel without penalty at any time up to three weeks prior to your program. If you provide AMA with less than three weeks’ notice, or fail to attend, you will be liable for the entire program fee. Programs included in AMA OnDemand offerings are not eligible for substitution, transfer, cancellation, return or refund. We appreciate that this is an important investment for you and your company and would like to accommodate your needs the best we can. Please call us if you have any questions