This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to install and configure System Center 2012 Operations Manager. In addition this class will prepare the student for managing their 2012 Operations Manager infrastructure.TARGET AUDIENCE:
This course is intended for IT professionals with basic Windows Server, Active Directory and network configuration and management experience.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install Operations Manager 2012 and configure global and Management Server specific settings.
- Utilize Resource Pools for high availability.
- Navigate the Operations Manager Console and Web Console.
- Perform both automated and manual agent installation on managed systems.
- Import and export management packs.
- Configure Rules, Events, Monitors and Tasks.
- Configure Reporting and create reports.
- Monitor workstations and servers using Agentless Monitoring and Agentless Exception Monitoring.
- Configure and manage Audit Collection Services.
- Create Synthetic Transactions.
- Create Distributed Applications.
- Multi-home an agent.
- Configure a Gateway server for monitoring untrusted environments.
- Configure communication between management groups.
- Migrate from Operations Manager 2007 to 2012 Operations Manager.
Overview of System Center 2012 Operations Manager
- Operations Manager Introduction and Basic Concepts
What’s New in 2012 Operations Manager
Installing the 2012 Operations Manager Infrastructure
- Active Directory Integration
SQL Server Configuration
Operations Manager Deployment Planning
Installing System Center 2012 Operations Manager
Lab 1: Installing Operations Manager
Navigating Operations Manager
- Operations Console
Customizing the Operations Console
Securing the Operations Manager Console
Lab 1: Creating Users and Customizing Views
Global Management Group Settings and Notifications
- Configuring Global Management Group Settings
Overriding Global Management Group Settings
Lab 1: Creating Subscription Notifications
Installing and Configuring Agents
- Automatic Agent Assignment Prerequisites
Agent Installation Methods
Managing Agent Settings
Lab 1: Manual Agent Install and Approval
- Overview of Management Packs
Pre-Installed Management Packs
Importing and Exporting Management Packs
Sealing a Management Pack
Lab 1: Management Pack Administration
Operations Manager Monitoring
- Finding and Organizing Objects
Monitors and Rules
Lab 1: Creating Monitors
Lab 2: Create and Manage Tasks
Agentless Monitoring and Agentless Exception Monitoring
- Agentless Monitoring
Agentless Exception Monitoring
Agentless Exception Monitoring Client Configuration
Lab 1: Configuring Agentless Exception Monitoring
Operations Manager Reporting
- Installing SQL Server Reporting Services
Installing Operations Manager Reporting
Viewing Reports and Creating Custom Reports
Lab 1: Install Operations Manager Reporting and Create Custom Reports
Operations Manager Audit Collection Services
- Overview of Audit Collection Services
Installing Audit Collection Services
ACS on non-Windows Systems
Lab 1: Configuring Forwarders and Audit Policies
Lab 2: Install and Configure ACS Reporting
Management Pack Templates
- Introduction to Management Pack Templates
Monitoring Scenarios Using Management Pack Templates
Lab 1: Management Pack Templates
- Distributed Applications Overview
Design and Creation of Distributed Applications
Lab 1: Create a Distributed Application
Monitoring Complex Environments
- Connecting Management Groups
Gateway Servers and Untrusted Environments
Lab 1: Connecting Management Groups
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Backup Overview and Planning
Configuring and Performing Backups
Lab 1: Backup and Restore Custom Reports
This course is intended for IT professionals with basic Windows Server, Active Directory and network configuration and management experience.
Virtual 55004 Installing and Configuring System Center 2012 Operations Manager Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.