This two day class is designed for information workers or power users who serve as SharePoint Site Owners or Site Collection Administrators. Students should take this course if they need to know how to manage the team collaboration, document management anCOURSE OBJECTIVES:
After completing this course, students will be able to:• Manage Sites and Site Collections• Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security• Add and configure web parts• Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon• Configure site navigation• View site activity reports• Customize lists and libraries• Work with Site Columns and Site Content Types• Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning• Create and modify pages and web part pages
The Role of the Site Owner
- What is SharePoint?
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Users, Groups and Permissions
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
- Working with Audiences and Content Filtering
- Managing User Alerts
- Lab : Users, Groups and Permissions
Site and Site Collection Features
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
- Lab : Site and Site Collection Features
Managing Sites and Pages
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Site Lifecycle and Site Deletion
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Language Settings
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
- Lab : Managing Sites and Pages
Working with Lists and Libraries
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Working with the Recycle Bin
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
- About Tags and Notes and Ratings
- Lab : Working with Lists and Libraries
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Managing Business Content Using Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
- An Overview of Records Management
- Lab : Document Management
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
- Lab : SharePoint Workflows
Monitoring SharePoint Activity
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
SharePoint Apps (Optional
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
- Request an App
- Lab : SharePoint Apps
The SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
- Lab : The SharePoint Community Site
This course is intended for…• SharePoint Site Owners• SharePoint Site Collection Administrators • SharePoint Administrators and Developers
Virtual 55035 Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 for the Site Owner/Power User Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.