This course is designed to provide network technicians with the foundation-level skills they need to install, operate, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a corporate network. Prepares students for the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 certification exam.COURSE OBJECTIVES:
This course is designed to provide network technicians with the foundation-level skills they need to install, operate, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a corporate network. This course will help prepare students for the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 certification exam. For the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 certification, CompTIA recommends students have CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent experience, and 9 to 12 months of hands-on experience in IT networking.
- Networking Overview
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Network Types
- Identify Network Configurations
- Data Transmission Methods
Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Noise Control
Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Install a Wireless Network
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Address Implementation
- Delivery Techniques
- Enable Static Routing
- Implement Dynamic IP Routing
- Assign IP Addresses
- Domain Naming Services
- TCP/IP Commands
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Unified Communication Technologies
Cloud and Virtualization Technologies
- SAN Implementations
- Cloud Computing
Network Security Basics
- Introduction to Network Security
- Threats and Attacks
- Authentication Methods
- Encryption Methods
Preventing Security Breaches
- Physical Security Controls
- Network Access Controls
- Install and Configure Firewalls
- Harden Networks
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention
- Educate Users
Responding to Security Incidents
- Incident Management and Response
- Basic Forensic Concepts
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Networking Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- VPN Protocols
- Network Monitoring
- Configuration Management Documentation
- Network Performance Optimization
Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Models
- Network Troubleshooting Utilities
- Hardware Troubleshooting Tools
- Common Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Configuration Issues
- Troubleshoot Security Issues
- Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Network+ Exam
- Appendix B: Network Fault Tolerance and Disaster Recovery
- Appendix C: Planning and Implementing a SOHO Network
- Appendix D: Legend for Icons Used in Network+ Figures
For the CompTIA Network+ N10-005 certification, CompTIA recommends students have CompTIA A+ certification, or equivalent experience.
Virtual CompTIA Network+ Certification (2011 Objectives) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.