This course will teach students how to build a complete model in TM1. Students will also learn how to model, link and deploy TM1 applications.
Overview of IBM Cognos TM1
- explore IBM Cognos TM1 applications explore the IBM Cognos TM1 environment manage and organize a model
Identify Common Data Structures
- discuss Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) examine core model design principles identify the basic tasks required to create a TM1 model and deploy it
Import Data to Create Objects
- discuss guided import import data to create a dimension import data to create and populate a cube
Create and Customize Dimensions
- create dimensions manually import and edit dimensions create dimension calculations
Create and Customize Cubes
- construct a new cube discuss cube properties edit a cube structure
- create processes to load data create a process to delete data in a cube create processes to update and maintain the model
Share Data Across Cubes with Links
- discuss and list types of links create and modify links review rule and process based links
Customize Business Rules
- discuss a rule review automatically generated rules discuss and re-order rule blocks
Optimize Rule Performance
- discuss consolidations and sparsity enhance consolidation performance modify automatically generated statements
Complete the Income Statement Model
- discuss the model development process complete objects for the model review tools to aid in model development
- explain the application types access an IBM Cognos TM1 application create a new application
Use Advanced Modeling Techniques
- Use dimension functions Implement moving balances in a cube
Model Data with IBM Cognos TM1 Architect
- Define drill-thru Use Rules Tracer
- Discuss currency challenges Model data for currency conversion
Virtual P8152 IBM Cognos TM1: Design and Develop Models (V10.1) Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.