Students will learn the fundamental concepts and terminology of software application development and develop skills in designing and writing simple computer programs. The course assumes no programming background.
Introduction to Computer Programs
- Overview of Software Development
- Phases in the Execution of a Computer Program
- Overview of Problem-Solving Techniques
- Overview of Program Types
Introduction to Scripting
- Using Web Scripting
- Using Macro Scripting
- Using Windows Scripting
Using Data and Variables
- Using Variables
- Using Operators
- Using Programming Syntax
Using Program Logic
- Using Branching
- Using Loops
- Identifying Logic Errors
Using Procedures and Functions
- Using Procedures
- Using Functions
Introduction to Developing a User Interface
- Designing a User Interface
- Building a User Interface
Introduction to Working with Data
- Introduction to Managing Data
- Using the Entity Relationship Model
- Sorting Data by Using Keys
- Using XML
- Using the Procedural Programming Approach
- Using the Object-Oriented Programming Approach
Introduction to the Software Development Process
- Software Development Phases
- Introduction to the Unified Modeling Language
- Developing Use-Case Diagrams
- Examining Other UML Diagrams
Where Do We Go From Here?
- Looking Back
- Looking Forward
Virtual 2667 Introduction to Programming Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.