This clinic provides students with the knowledge and skill to design the data tier for Microsoft® SQL Server 2005.
This course is intended for current professional database developers who have three or more years of on-the-job experience developing SQL Se
Choosing Data Access Technologies and an Object Model
- Introduction to Data Access Technologies
- Choosing Technologies for Accessing Data
- Building a Data Access Layer
- Designing Data Access from SQL Common Language Runtime (CLR) Objects
- Available Data Object Models for Administering SQL Server
Designing an Exception Handling Strategy
- Exception Types and Their Purposes
- Detecting Exceptions
- Managing Exceptions
Choosing a Cursor Strategy
- Common Scenarios for Row-based vs. Set-based Operations
- Selecting Appropriate Server-side Cursors
- Selecting Appropriate Client-side Cursors
Designing Query Strategies Using Multiple Active Result Sets
- Introduction to MARS
- Designing Query Strategies for Multiple Reads
- Designing Query Strategies for Mixing Reads and Writes in the Same Connection
- Concurrency Considerations When Using MARS
Designing Caching Strategies for Database Applications
- Why Caching Is Important
- Data and Query Caching in SQL Server 2005
- Using Caching Technologies Outside of SQL Server
- Custom Caching Techniques
Designing a Scalable Data Tier for Database Applications
- Identifying the Need to Scale
- Scaling Database Applications to Avoid Concurrency Contention
- Scaling SQL Server Database Systems
- Scaling Database Applications Using a Service-Oriented Architecture
- Improving Availability and Scalability by Scaling Out Front-End Systems
Virtual 2783 Designing the Data Tier for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.