This workshop teaches database administrators working in enterprise environments how to determine and troubleshoot performance issues using Microsoft SQL ServerT 2005. The primary focus of this workshop is to teach the overall process of troubleshooting.
Building a Monitoring Solution for SQL Server Performance Issues
- Narrowing Down a Performance Issue to an Environment Area.
- Guidelines for Monitoring Database Servers and Instances by Using Profiler and Sysmon.
- Guidelines for Auditing and Comparing Test Results.
Troubleshooting Database and Database Server Performance Issues
- Narrowing Down a Performance Issue to a Database Object.
- How the SQLdiag Tool Can Be Used to Analyze Outputs.
Optimizing the Query Performance Environment
- The Methodology of Optimizing a Query Environment.
- The Query Performance Troubleshooting Process.
- Use of Database Tuning Advisor to Troubleshoot the Query Environment.
Troubleshooting SQL Server Connectivity Issues
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting SQL Server Connectivity Issues.
- Areas to Troubleshoot for Common Connectivity Issues.
- What Are SQL Server 2005 Endpoints?
Troubleshooting SQL Server Data Issues
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting SQL Server Data Issues.
- The Process of Troubleshooting Data Integrity Issues.
- How Torn Pages Can Be Resolved using a Single-Page Restore.
Troubleshooting SQL Server Data Concurrency Issues
- The Methodology of Troubleshooting Concurrency Issues.
- What Are SQL Server Latches?
This course is intended for current professional database administrators who have three or more years of on-the-job experience administering SQL Server database solutions in an enterprise environment.
Virtual 2790 Troubleshooting and Optimizing Database Servers using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.