Students will learn the basics around server and database provisioning, valid Azure TSQL, and how security is implemented and managed. Advanced topics include partitioning with sharding, database design optimization, backup and synchronization.
After completing this course, students will be able to: Learn to design high performance cloud based data storage solutions using SQL Azure. Topics include security, programming, maintaining, optimizing, migrating and synchronizing with SQL Azure. SQL Azure Reporting is also explored.
IT Pros that want to learn to maintain SQL Azure databases and architects that want to learn to leverage SQL Azure in their applications.
- A simple introduction module.
Introduction to SQL Azure
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Lab : Setup Azure Account
SQL Azure RDBMS Support
- RDBMS Support
- Lab : Creating Databases and Tables
- Lab : Exploring Valid SQL Azure TSQL
SQL Azure Security
- SQL Azure Security
- Lab : SQL Azure Security
Programming SQL Azure
- Programming SQL Azure
- Accessing SQL Azure
- Lab : Connecting to SQL Azure
- Lab : Programming SQL Azure
- Lab : Securing Data at Rest
- Lab : Implementing Partitions and Shards
Maintaining and Optimizing SQL Azure
- Lab : Maintaining SQL Azure
- Lab : Performing Baselines
- Lab : Backup SQL Azure
- Lab : Restore SQL Azure
- Lab : Using Query Analyzer and Client Statistics
Migrating and Synchronizing to SQL Azure
- Synchronizing to SQL Azure
- Migrating to SQL Azure
- Lab : Migrating to SQL Azure
- Lab : Using Microsoft Sync Framework
- Lab : Using Azure Data Sync
Business Intelligence with SQL Azure
- PowerPivot and SQL Azure
- SQL Azure Reporting
- Lab : Business Intelligence with SQL Azure
- Lab : PowerPivot with SQL Azure
Virtual 50592 Advanced SQL Azure Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.