Students will learn to use MDS to help organizations create a structure and hierarchy for data, so that data collected and used across multiple departments, silos and databases is standardized and aligned.
This course is intended for SQL Professionals, Business Intelligence Developers, Data Analysts and Data Stewarts and project managers that need to learn how to utilize Master Data Services.
Master Data Management
- What is Master Data Management?
- The Need for Master Data Management
- Data Quality
- Operational and Analytical Master Data Management
- Master Data Management Architectural Patterns
- Master Data Management Team
Microsoft Master Data Services Overview
- Master Data Services Architecture
- Master Data Services Key Terms
- Master Data Services Web Interface
- Master Data Services SQL Data Base
- Installing Master Data Services
- Creating the Master Data Services Database
- Initial Configuration
- Lab : Microsoft Master Data Services Overview
Understanding Data Models
- Modeling Concepts
- Modeling Guidelines
- Building a Model
- Deploying a Model
- How to Step by Step
- Lab : Understanding Data Models
- MDS Staging Tables
- Creating New Members
- Creating New Collections
- Adding Members to Collections
- Updating Member Attributes
- Importing the Data
- Validating the Model
- Error Conditions
- Lab : Importing Data
- Understanding Versions
- Version Statuses
- Version Validation
- Version Flags
- Validating Versions
- Locking, Unlocking and Committing Versions
- Lab : Version Management
- Business Rules Overview
- How to Create A Business Rule
- Business Rules Interface
- Rule Expressions
- Conditions and Actions
- Using SharePoint Workflows
- Lab : Business Rules
Master Data Services Security
- Master Data Services Security Overview
- Users and Groups
- Permission Levels
- Best Practices
- Lab : Master Data Services Security
- Subscribing Systems
- Subscription Views
- Creating Views
- How Subscribing Systems can Extract Data
- Lab : Publishing Data
Master Data Services and Web Services
- Using Web Services to Interface with Master Data Services
- Creating the Web Service
- Errors in the Web Service
- Lab : PerformancePoint Services
Virtual 50595 Master Data Services with SQL 2008 R2 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.