This course provides students with the knowledge and skills to set up the advanced features in the Project management and accounting module of Microsoft Dynamics AX. The course focuses on the advanced project functionality available in Microsoft Dynamic.
After completing this course, students will be able to: - Validate projects and validation groups.- Use forecast models.- Set up project invoicing parameters, funding sources, and funding limits.- Describe and run an advanced time and material project.- Describe and run an advanced fixed-price project.
This course is intended for people who are on the implementation team, administering or using the Project management and accounting module in Microsoft Dynamics AX. This audience typically includes people who are tasked with assessing business needs and advising them on the use, configuration and customization of the application. Additionally, people responsible for training or supporting Microsoft Dynamics AX may benefit from this course.
- Project Validation Parameters
- Enable Validation for Workers
- Validation Groups
- Enable Project Assignments
- Lab : 1.1
- Forecast Models
- Enter Forecasts
- Forecast Scheduling
- Forecasting Hours
- Lab : 2.1
Advanced Project Invoicing
- Project Invoicing Parameters
- Funding Sources
- Funding Limits
- Funding Rules
- Fixed-Rate Agreements
- Grant Management
- Lab : 3.1
- Lab : 3.2
Advanced Internal Project
- Internal Projects with Work in Progress (WIP)
- Internal Project with WIP Example
- Investment Projects
- Investment Project Example
- Lab : 4.1
- Lab : 4.2
Advanced Time and Material Project
- Time and Material Project with WIP
- Example: Time and Material Project with WIP
- Post Costs Form
- Time and Material Project with Accruals
- Example: Time and Material Project with Accruals
- Reversing Accrued Revenue
- Lab : 5.1
- Lab : 5.2
- Lab : 5.3
- Lab : 5.4
Advanced Fixed-Price Projects
- Completed Contract Assessment Principle
- Completed Percentage Principle
- The Estimate Process
- Period Types
- Cost Templates
- Estimate Projects
- Creating Estimates
- Lab : 6.1
- Lab : 6.2
Fixed-Price Project with Completed Contract
- Fixed-Price Project with Completed Contract Example
- Lab : 7.1
Fixed-Price Project with Completed Percentage
- Fixed-Price Project with Completed Percentage and Sales Value
- Fixed-Price Project with Completed Percentage and Sales Value Example
- Fixed-Price Project with Completed Percentage and Production Plus (+) Profit
- Fixed-Price Project with Completed Percentage and Production Plus (+) Profit Example
- Lab : 8.1
Virtual 80317 Project Advanced in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.