Students will learn the necessary tools and resources to perform moderate to advanced tasks for the setup and process of forecast and master planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:- Create, set up, and process master plans. - Judge when to use one and two master plan strategies.- Handle generated planned orders.- Set up and understand reduction keys.- Set up and understand period allocation keys and item allocation keys.- Create, set up, and understand coverage groups and the item coverage.- Create, set up and process forecast models and forecast plans.- Create, set up and process master plans with intercompany.- Understand how planning can be conducted across multiple sites, locations, and warehouses across multiple Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 companies.
This course is intended for customers and partners who want to learn the moderate to advanced features and develop a working knowledge of procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Master planning functionality. This audience typically includes application consultants who are responsible for assessing a customers business needs and advising them on the use, configuration, and customization of the application. Participants are usually people that work with the purchasing, production, and material management sections of the software.
Master Planning Overview
- Master Planning Overview
- Master Scheduling, Forecast Scheduling, and Intercompany Master Scheduling
- Master Planning on Multiple Sites
- Example of a Master Planning Business Process Flow
Planning Considerations and Setup
- Overview of Plan Input and Output
- Preliminary Considerations
- Understanding the Overall Setup Process in Master Planning
- Master Planning Parameters Form
- Master Plans Form
- Operations and Job Scheduling
- Static and Dynamic Master Plans
- Master Scheduling Principles
- Master Scheduling Results
- Coverage Groups and Parameters
- Creating Coverage Groups
- Coverage Periods
- Positive and Negative Time Fences
- Planned Orders
- Safety margins
- Action and Futures message configuration
- Lab : Create a New Coverage Group and Released Product
- Introduction to Detailed Coverage Settings
- Coverage Settings Precedence
- Detailed Coverage Overview
- Item Coverage
- Minimum/Maximum Keys
- Item Coverage Setup
- Warehouses Form
- Safety Stock Journal
- Lab : Set up Coverage Settings for Product
- Lab : Create a Sales Forecast by using Period and Item Allocation Keys
- Lab : End to End Example
Intercompany Master Planning
- Intercompany Overview
- Intercompany Planning Groups
- Intercompany Master Scheduling Form
- Master Planning and Multisite Considerations
Virtual 80423 Master Planning in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.