This course provides students with the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the warehouse management flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
After completing this course, students will be able to:- Describe the goals and features of warehouse management by using Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.- Set up the system for warehouse management.- Use the item arrival process to process inventory receipts.- Create and process pallet transports.- Use output orders, consolidated picking, and picking routes to process sales order picking.- Create outbound rules, and deliver picked items.- Create and process shipments by using the Create Shipment wizard, shipment staging, and shipment templates.- Create shipment reservation combinations and sequences.- Create refill pallet transports.- Describe and use Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for inbound and outbound processing.- Set up and process quarantine orders.- Set up and use quality orders, inventory blocking, and non conformances.- Review the reports and inquiries that are available for warehouse management.
This course is intended for partners and customers that want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Warehouse Management functionality.The class is also intended for warehouse workers, warehouse managers, shipping and receiving personnel, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of warehouse management functionality.
- Goals of Warehouse Management
- Terminology and Concepts
- Workflow in Warehouse Management
- Integration with Other Modules
- Advanced Warehouse Management
Setting Up Warehouse Management
- Basic Setup for Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Product Setup
- Inventory Dimension Groups
- Physical Setup of the Inventory
- Logical Setup of the Inventory
- Pallets and Forklifts
- Lab : Complete Product Setup
- Lab : Using Dimensions
- Lab : Create Inventory Dimension Groups
- Lab : Update Store Areas
- Lab : Set Up Warehouse Management
- Lab : Set up a Warehouse for Replenishment
Receipt and Storage
- Purchase Orders
- Arrival Overview and Item Arrival Journal
- Pallet Transports
- Receipt Registration Requirements
- Lab : Create and Receive a Purchase Order
- Lab : Manage Item Arrivals
Item Picking and Shipping
- Sales Orders
- Output Orders
- Picking Process
- Picking Routes
- Deliver Picked Items
- Shipment Process
- Shipment Staging
- Shipment Reservations
- Refill Pallet Transports
- Lab : Consolidated Picking
- Lab : Picking and Shipping Items
RFID in Warehouse Management
- RFID Administration
- Receiving with RFID
- Picking, Packing, and Shipping with RFID
- Set Up Quarantine
- Item Receipt
- Quarantine Orders
- Lab : Set Up and Use Quarantine Management
- Quality Management Setup Review
- Inventory Blocking
- Non Conformances
- Lab : Set Up Automatic Quality Order Generation
- Lab : Block Inventory
- Lab : Create and Print Non Conformances
Inquiries and Reports
- Lab : Use Warehouse Management
Virtual 80427 Warehouse Management in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.