In this class, students with learn the necessary tools and resources to perform basic tasks in the warehouse management flow in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2.
At Course Completion Students will be able to:• Provide an overview of the demonstration company, CRONUS International.• Explain how to set the working date.• Show how to change the default profile to Production Planner.• Describe license information.• Describe the production BOM structure and its basic features.• Explain and demonstrates production BOM advanced features.• Show production BOM reports.• Explain how to set up capacity.• Show how to create routings.• Describe the advanced features for routings.
The primary audience is a Partner that sells and implements NAV 2013. This person typically investigates the customer’s environment and makes recommendations on what and how to implement NAV 2013. The Partner needs to understand the manufacturing vertical industry.
Manufacturing Course Overview
- Provides a course overview
- Provides a course outline and a brief description of all course modules
- Have an overview of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Manufacturing course.
- Complete the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 Manufacturing exam.
Sample Company Structure
- Provides an overview of the demonstration company, CRONUS International
- Explains how to set the working date
- Shows how to change the default profile to Production Planner
- Describes license information
- Lab : Assign Freight Charges to an Open Purchase Order
- Lab : Create an Item Charge Purchase Credit Memo
Production Bill of Materials, BOM
- Describes the production BOM structure and its basic features
- Explains and demonstrates production BOM advanced features
- Shows production BOM reports
- Lab : Create a New Production BOM and BOM Version
Basic Capacities and Routings
- Explains how to set up capacity
- Shows how to create routings
- Describes the advanced features for routings
- Reviews the standard capacity and routing reports
- Lab : Manually Create a New Routing
- Describes the different production order statuses
- Explains how to create and schedule a production order
- Describes the different types of changes that you can make to a production order and shows how to make each change
- Shows how to use the Production Order batch job
- Explains additional production order topics, such as reservations, statistics, phantom BOMs, and manufacturing batch units of measure
- Reviews the production order listings and reports
- Lab : Create a Firm Planned Production Order and Change It
Production Order Processing
- Reviews the flow of events as production orders move from release until they are finished
- Describes the options and procedures that are related to material consumption and production output
- Shows how to pick components and put away finished goods in the warehouse
- Explains the uses of the consumption journal, output journal, and production journal
- Lab : Combine Automatic and Manual Flushing
- Describes all fields on the Manufacturing Setup page
- Explains all fields on the item card that affect manufacturing
- Reviews all fields on the stock keeping unit card that affect manufacturing
- Describe all fields on the Manufacturing Setup page.
- Explain all fields on the item card that affect manufacturing.
- Review all fields on the stock keeping unit card that affect manufacturing.
Sales Order Interface and Order Planning
- Describes and demonstrates all aspects of sales order planning
- Explains and demonstrates all aspects of order planning
- Lab : Use Order Planning to Create and Reserve Supply
Forecasting and Planning
- Describe the production forecast functionality
- Explain the integration between production forecasting and planning
- Show how actual demand is netted against forecast demand
- Describe forecasting by location, order tracking as it relates to forecasting, and forecasting setup
- Review the forecast reports
- Lab : Create Production Forecast
- Describes the general concepts of the planning system
- Introduces the planning worksheet and related functions
- Explains how to use regenerative planning
- Shows how to use net change planning
- Describes how parameters affect the planning process
- Explains how to use order tracking and action messages
- Describes the general concepts of the planning system.
- Introduces the planning worksheet and related fun
Virtual 80544 Warehouse Management System in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 R2 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.