This course is designed to help experienced IT professionals update their Citrix skills, this program offers the valuable training needed to properly design, implement, and support multiple Citrix products.
- Install XenServer Enterprise Edition 5.0 and configure CPU, network and storage resources.
- Install XenCenter.
- Create virtual machines and templates.
- Identify the architectural differences between Linux and Windows VMs.
- Convert a Linux system from a physical machine to a virtual machine.
- Manage virtual machine resources and life cycle operations.
- Use XenSearch to sort searching and grouping in XenCenter and view VM performance statistics.
- Configure local and remote storage.
- Configure resource pools and move virtual machines from one server to another.
Citrix Provisioning Server
- Identify the components, infrastructure, services and communications of Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0
- Identify system requirements and install Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0
- Configure a Provisioning Server farm
- Configure Provisioning Server role-based administration using Active Directory user groups
- Create a vDisk store
- Identify vDisk image modes and write cache types
- Create a vDisk
- Configure a Master Target Device and create a vDisk image
- Assign vDisks to target devices and enable Active Directory machine account password management
- Block ports for a target device, organize target devices into views and change the properties of target devices
- Administer vDisk connections; unassign, delete and backup vDisks; release vDisk locks; change vDisk properties and update a vDisk
- Administer server connections, change basic server properties and optimize performance by changing advanced server properties
- Configure two methods of high availability
- Install and enable printers on a vDisk and enable the Printer Management feature
- Explain the features, benefits and components of Citrix XenDesktop 3 and 4.
- Install the Desktop Delivery Controller
- Prepare a virtual desktop for delivery to an endpoint device
- Install and configure the XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Create and manage desktop groups using the Access Management Console
- Configure XenDesktop policy management settings
- Install and configure Desktop Receiver software on an endpoint device
- Connect to a XenDesktop environment from a variety of endpoint devices
- Upgrade a XenDesktop 3 environment to a XenDesktop 4
Virtual CMB-200-1I Implementing the Citrix Desktop Delivery Infrastructure Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.