This course provides learners with the skills needed to install, configure and administer Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0 farms.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to perform the following- Identify the components, infrastructure, services and communications of Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0- Identify System requirements and install Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0- Configure a Provisioning Server farm- Configure Provisioning Server role-based administration using Active Directory user groups- Create a vDisk store- Identify vDisk image modes and write cache types- Create a vDisk- Configure a Master Target and create a vDisk image- Assign vDisks to target devices and enable Active Directory machine account password management- Block ports for a target device, organize target devices into view and change the properties of target devices- Administer vDisk connections; unassign, delete and backup vDisks: release vDisk locks; change vDisk properties and update a vDisk- Administer server connections, change basic server properties and optimize performance by changing advanced server properties- Configure two methods of high availability- Install and enable printers on a vDisk and enable the Printer Management feature
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network and system administrators. System engineers, analysts, consultants, architects and Citrix Solution Advisors are appropriate candidates for this course.
Introducing Citrix Provisioning Server
- Explaining the purpose of the Provisioning Server components
- Identifying the Provisioning Server infrastructure
- Identifying the Provisioning Server and network services required to boot target devices
- Explaining how a target device boots over the network to a Provisioning Server vDisk
Planning an Installation
- Identifying the role of DHCP and Proxy DHCP
- Recognizing with to use a Proxy DHCP service
- Designing a Provisioning Server farm
- Identifying Active Directory group requirements and Console permissions for Provisioning Server role-based administration
- Identifying Provision Server system requirements
Installation and Configuration
- Installing Provisioning Server
- Making appropriate installation decisions
- Configuring Provisioning Server
- Making appropriate configuration decisions
- Configuring role-based administration
- Adding sites to a farm and configuring site properties
- Adding servers to a site
- Creating a store and configuring store properties
- Creating device collections and configuring device collection properties
- Identifying vDisk image modes
- Identifying write cache types
- Creating a vDisk file
- Assigning a vDisk to target device
- Mounting, formatting and unmounting a vDisk
Configuring a Master Target Device
- Adding a Master Target Device to the Console
- Assigning a vDisk to a target device
- Identifying system requirements for a target device
- Building an image
Administering Target Devices
- Adding target devices
- Adding target devices to a device collection using a template
- Configuring auto-add
- Importing a target device
- Streaming vDisks to target devices
- Organizing target devices into views
- Configuring and copy target device properties
- Configuring Port Blocker
- Integrating Provisioning Server with Active Directory
- Adding an existing vDisk to the Console
- Unassigning a vDisk
- Deleting a vDisk
- Releasing a vDisk lock
- Copying a vDisk properties
- Updating a vDisk
- Viewing server connections
- Administering server connections
- Rebalancing server connections
- Configuring basic and advanced server properties
- Copying server properties to another server
Configuring High Availability
- Explaining the difference between distributed HA and centralized HA configurations
- Adding additional servers to the bootstrap file
- Enabling the HA option on a vDisk
- Enabling load balancing on a vDisk
- Configuring store path overrides for a distributed HA configuration
- Configuring access to a Windows shared storage location for a centralized HA configuration
- Configuring NTFS security permissions for a Windows shared storage location for a centralized HA configuration
- Testing HA failover
- Installing printer on a vDisk
- Enabling the Printer Management feature
- Enabling printers on a vDisk
Virtual CPV-200-1l Implementing Citrix Provisioning Server 5.0 Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.