This course addresses all areas of IT project management: hardware, software, systems integration, communications and human resources. It addresses the role of the project manager and the project team at each phase of the project life cycle, helping you gain the foundation, basic experience, techniques and tools to manage each stage of your project. You'll learn techniques to determine customer requirements, set goals tied directly to stakeholder needs, get the most from your project management team, and utilize project management tools to get work done on time and within budget.
By extending traditional project management concepts into the IT arena, this course will help you gain an understanding of the strategies and skills necessary to manage IT projects of any size. You'll take home powerful tools to enhance your IT project management capabilities, as well as written text in your course binder explaining the concepts in each unit for reference when you return to the workplace.
Learn How To
- Define the role of the IT project manager
- Develop a results-driven project management team
- Identify, interpret, and manage the real project requirements
- Develop a focused project plan to manage IT projects
- Estimate IT project costs and schedules using proven techniques
- Find solutions to problems specifically related to IT projects