Students will learn to identify and apply security techniques. This course is intended for end users who use computers at home or in the office. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to: - describe the importance of securing in
- Examine Information Security
- Implement Physical Security Measures
- Examine Cyber Security
Guarding Against Social Engineering Exploits
- Identify Social Engineering Exploits
- Counteract Social Engineering Exploits
- Evolve Social Engineering Organization Policies
Identifying Security Measures
- Strengthen Desktop Security
- Strengthen Software Security
- Strengthen Browser Security
- Strengthen Network Security
- Secure Wireless Networks
- Strengthen Mobile Security
Maintaining File System Security
- Implement File System Security in Windows 7
- Back Up and Restore Data
- Dispose of Data Securely
Guarding Against Attacks
- Protect a Computer from Security Threats
- Protect Computers from Virus Attacks
- Protect Computers from Social Network Threats
Handling Security Breaches
- Identify Incidents
- Respond to Incidents
Identifying Cloud Computing And Virtualization Security Methods
- Fundamentals of Cloud Computing
- Fundamentals of Virtualization
Virtual Security Awareness Concepts and Practices Online Live training option
Imagine an industry-leading classroom training experience from wherever you have access to the Internet.
The Virtual Online Live events listed here gives you an effective and proven online virtual learning experience with the freedom to attend virtually from anywhere.
There is also an option of experiencing Online Live from one of the many national partner centers where a computer and headset will be provided for you.
This rich and engaging virtual classroom environment lets you conveniently interact with instructors and other students.
You will hear and see your instructor as they teach the course and answer your questions via voice or text.
Choose the online live virtual training option and you can access the recorded version even after the class has finished.
The onDemand labs give you access to the same client and server technologies covered in class so you can test, apply and hone your skills by accessing the labs before and even after the class.
Technical Requirements: a computer or laptop with a modern browser and high speed internet access along with one or two monitors.