This half-hour training course introduces the requirements of the Department of Transportation's Hazardous Materials Regulations, including the interpretation of the segregation table, general guidelines for shipping papers and loading and unloading HAZMAT, and incident reporting requirements. The proper identification, preparation, and transportation of hazardous materials affect everyone's safety. This training course may be used to meet the requirements for general awareness or familiarization training. Your employer will provide additional function-specific training.
Learner objectives are to identify characteristics of and interpret the segregation table, recognize general guidelines for preparing shipping papers, list general requirements for loading and unloading HAZMAT, cite actions to take during an emergency response, differentiate between situations which do and do not require immediate notification, and recognize when an incident report must be written.Learning Objectives
- Identify characteristics of the segregation table
- Interpret the segregation table for hazardous materials
- Identify guidelines for shipping papers
- Identify requirements for loading and unloading HAZMAT and transporting packages labeled "Toxic," "Poison," or "Poison Inhalation Hazard"
- Cite actions to take during an emergency response
- Differentiate between situations which do and do not require immediate notification