Maintaining safe working equipment and working conditions are essential when operating large trucks. In order to ensure that vehicles are safe to operate and share the road with, it is important to perform frequent inspections of the equipment you are using, as well as more extensive annual inspections. In this course, you will learn when to perform operator inspections, what to inspect, and how to report your inspections. You will also learn about requirements and standards for annual inspections as required by the Department of Transportation, or DOT.
This course was developed with subject matter support provided by EnSafe Inc., a global professional services company focusing on engineering, environment, health and safety, and information technology.Learning Objectives
- Identify the main components of driver-based pre-trip, on-route, and post-route inspections
- Identify inspection requirements for intermodal equipment
- Recognize general requirements for annual DOT inspections
- Identify the aspects shared by the minimum standards of annual inspections
- Identify the information that must be included on a report from an annual inspection